Tuesday, December 20, 2011


Desk Clock Plus - I use my phone as a computer, game console, entertainment device and anything else I can find an app for.  Most importantly, I use it for an alarm clock. It starts my day by waking me up. We take for granted how important this is when the alarm just works.  But without it, waking up late will completely wreck your day.  I have been using an app that I first found in a rom and ripped the APK file from the system/apps folder. It is now available in the market and it is called Desk Clock Plus by Bob Mueser.  I like this over the stock alarm app because it adds in a screen saver with the time showing. I have removed my old alarm clock completely and have my phone with a handy kickstand show me the time throughout the night. The latest update to this app also has a dimming feature.  There are now themes available for the clock background too.  I use this only at night so I like the black backgrounds to keep it dark.  For those of you with docks for your phone, you can select Desk Clock Plus as the default app to launch when docked. It has other features such as a slide show mode a music launcher and weather.  Like so many apps these days, there are a ton of alarm clock apps out there but I think for the money (Ok, it is free) this one is worth the download.

No comments:

Post a Comment