Tuesday, December 20, 2011


Barcode Scanner - One of the basic apps that I always recommend (that should be included in Stock Android) is a barcode scanner.  Since my first Android phone I have been using Barcode Scanner by ZXing Team.  It is a basic app that does just what the name says, scans barcodes. It will read QR codes that are popping up in all sorts of places in addition to standard bar codes. I have used this app to read service codes off of everything from Dell servers to look up products online while standing in a store. It will scan the barcode and prompt you for the requested action. It is easy to use.  I notice that like many camera apps in Android that there is a slight lag but I think that is camera hardware lag and not app related.  It does a great job on QR codes.

Be sure to get yourself the Barcode Scanner app from the Android Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment