Wednesday, January 4, 2012

VIPRE Anti-virus


I use VIPRE antivirus from GFI at work and I like the desktop product. The desktop version is quick and effective. So when I saw there was an Android version I tried it. First off,  let me say I don't really think that I need an antivirus client on my phone. But VIPRE is free and I wanted to see if I had any viruses or malware on my phone.

When you install the app it lets you create an online account. This is important so that you can manage the settings from a computer.  The app does what you would expect from a virus scanning app. I ran a scan and it was very fast. As you install apps it scans them as well.  In addition, the website will let you wipe the phone remotely or track the phone via GPS.  Since I just got the Galaxy Nexus and na now working GPS I can accurately tell you where my phone is.  With the Vibrant it would have shown my phone in Tampa Bay no matter where I was!  You may not need an antivuris app for your phone but VIPRE does seem like a good choice if you feel you need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment