Friday, January 13, 2012

I didn't tell the story of buying the phone today. I bought it through RadioShack.com (highly recommend) since they offered the phone for $219 when everyone else had it listed at $299. I decided to head into a store to see if I could get it for that price somehow locally and not have to wait for shipping.

When I got to the store they had a non-working display model on the shelf. I patiently waited for the Radio Shack Employee, Rick to finish up with another customer. He soon came over and asked what I was looking for and got excited when I asked about the Galaxy Nexus. He told me how it was a great phone and listed the hardware specs (pfft!, Like I didn't already know) so I let him do his script. I told him I was really excited to get an official Ice Cream Sandwich loaded phone. That's when he proceeded to tell me about the "best feature" of ICS......Face Unlock! 

Really? Face Unlock? I know it is new and all but am I really that far out of touch with normal users that Face Unlock is the big feature? Heck, I still have not used the FFC on my phone. It may not even work for all I know! There are so many great features of ICS and the phone but this is what he got from the training they received?

I then talked price. I mentioned that on the website it was $80 cheaper. Could they match the price? They could not. Rick told me my options were to get a credit card and save $30 or to trade my old phone in for credit. He asked what I had and I said a Vibrant. He talked about what a nice phone it was. That's when I blew him away and told him mine was running ICS. He was amazed. He asked if he could see it and I think I could have sold him my phone! After showing him ICS I told him that I was giving the phone to my son and not trading it in. At that point I was out of options other than buying it online or paying an extra $80 to get it right then. I waited and ordered online. The ordering process with the website was easy and they kept me informed of the status at all times. I was happy that I ordered it that way. 

Still happy with the phone and glad I bought it.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment