Thursday, January 26, 2012


MobiLearn Talking - My wife and I hope to go to Europe one day. Since we only speak English I am worried that we wouldn't be able to communicate for basic needs while traveling.  I downloaded MobiLearn Training Phrasebook to see if it would be helpful while traveling.  The concept of the app is to translate common phrases from English to Spanish, French, German or Italian.  The phrases are broken into categories such as conversational, transportation, lodging, numbers & times and emergencies.

Once you pick your category there are several to select from starting with hello and much more specific phrases.  You click the phrase and select your language from buttons below and it shows you the phrase.  Click the phrase and the app speaks the phrase for you.  It is simple to use. I feel that I could go to Italy and be able to survive if I get off the beaten path.  It does not translate Scottish to English so in Scotland I might still be lost! I think that for basic phrases and a trip where you would only need some common phrases MobiLearn Talking is more than enough.

The trial version is free and the full version runs $9.99. It was a free app of the day on Amazon a few weeks ago and I picked it up then knowing I hope to one day use it.  Try the free version to see if you think it would be helpful. I don't think it will allow you to travel and not know any of the language but it is a good way to get a refresher while you are traveling.

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobilearn.android.phrasebook&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm1vYmlsZWFybi5hbmRyb2lkLnBocmFzZWJvb2siXQ..

No comments:

Post a Comment