Monday, January 2, 2012


Evernote - With phones and tablets it surprises me that they don't come stock with some sort of note taking app. Manufacturers sometimes add apps but they never seem to be very good.  Evernote is a great app for note taking on the go.  The one thing I love about Evernote is that there are apps for almost all platforms. Evernote allows you to create notes on different platforms and sync them in the cloud between all of the devices. I create notes on my Windows PC and can update it on a Mac and read it and update it on my phone or tablet.  What a concept! I even write these reviews in Evernote. The files sync automatically between the devices when you load it.  I love apps that work without having to think about it. 

With Evernote you can take pictures on your phone and send them to the app.  This is helpful when you want to snap a picture and be able to keep it in your notes. In addition, Evernote has partnered with many vendors that offer apps that can be purchased to enhance your experience.   There are expense report add ins, CRM enhancements and so many more. 

Evernote has a free version and a upgraded paid version. I doubt most people will need the paid version since it is based on amount of data synchronized.  I have almost 500 notes including some picture notes. I still am nowhere near my limit each month.  The free version will probably work for most people. At least getting started it should let you try Evernote and be sure it will work for you needs.   

There are so many more features but I really think you need  to try it out to see how it will work for you.  It won't take you long to see why it is one of the most popular for note taking.



No comments:

Post a Comment