Monday, January 23, 2012


FriendCaster - I hate Facebook. From the interface to the mobile app I cannot stand to be on it. If it wasn't for my wife and kids living on it I would probably just delete my account. However, since my family, friends from school, church and co-workers from jobs past are all on there and not looking to make the move to Google+ anytime soon I have a need to check it.  The mobile app is terrible these days and just slow. It tries to get my GPS location every time I open the app then it has to load the data. I like G+ and Twitter because they load fast. I had all but given up on the mobile app until I found FriendCaster. FriendCaster is a Facebook alternative client for Android. It loads quickly and comes up with several buttons.  There is a news feed button to see what your family and friends are up to. You have a profile button that is a fast way to see your profile information. There are other tabs in that screen relating to your profile. You can find your friends, photos messages notifications and groups.  You can check in through the app.

Though the app is fast and a great way to just get in and out of Facebook, I am annoyed with the ads. They are located at the bottom and a few of them look like notifications.  I have clicked the ad a few times thinking it was my notification. The pro version is $4.99.  If I really used Facebook I would likely just use the mobile web version instead of paying $5 for this app. But the few times a day I check Facebook the lite version works just fine.



2 comments:

  1. Some people don't like to access the social networking website in their mobile because they are not satisfied with the interface which is displayed in the mobile and that's why they are jumped out from it.


    boost mobile signal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree but there are more times when I am sitting around doing nothing that I would prefer to check in on what is happening from my phone. I don't like checking any social network from the phone except for Twitter. Because of its mobile based beginnings, Twitter is just as enjoyable to use on the mobile apps as it is on the web.

    ReplyDelete