Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dashboard Assist - In honor of finally getting my car back from the repair shop I wanted to review an app that is used in the car. There are so many of these but I had one I wanted to try that uses your GPS to show your speed and direction. Dashboard Assist by RobotiCode Ltd has a ton of features compared to other travel apps.  You can have it mounted up in your windows with the camera thru-view enabled so that you can see what is behind the phone. It tells you what level your fuel economy is at based on your speed. It charts your trip letting you see your speeds. It can log those events and email them to you. The app can show you G-forces, maximum and average speeds.  There are different dials and color schemes to customize the app.

Just when I thought I had found everything the app can do I realized that it can also speak the speeds. The pro version which is $3.99 adds live speed graphs, journey vlogs, call auto answer, spoken incoming messages, music controls and removes the ads. I downloaded this app to help save gas but I find it does so much more.  I downloaded the pro version when it was the free Amazon app of the day. I have not had much of a chance to use it until now.  It is a great way to keep your eyes on the road but be able to go back and review your trip. It also is a great app for people that drive and need to keep track of the traveling they do. It will automatically email you the details so that at the end of the month you could just go through the emails to see when and where you drove for your expense report.

https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.roboticode.dashboardassist&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInVrLmNvLnJvYm90aWNvZGUuZGFzaGJvYXJkYXNzaXN0Il0.

No comments:

Post a Comment