Tuesday, January 24, 2012

As you can see after 18 days on this billing cycle I have used only 2 minutes of my plan.  Those were used before I had GrooveIP setup and working completely.  I could theoretically use no minutes next month. 

I was concerned going to this plan with 50 less minutes per month than I had before.  I have probably used over 250 minutes so far this month. That is normally what I would use in a typical month but my oldest son has gone back on campus this semester and my on my mother's birthday I called and spoke to her for almost 45 minutes one day.  I don't expect to use that many minutes normally but it is great having the freedom to know I could talk as much as I would like.

Since I am on wifi most of the time I have only used about 580MB of total data this month so far across the cell network.115MB is from GrooveIP phone calls since Jan 6th. I also thought that using my 4GB data plan was going to be a problem since I was routing all of my voice traffic over the data connection.  However, I feel that my data usage is low for the amount of time I have used it. I have used 147MB on wifi for voice calls so it has been almost an even split.

For 250+ minutes of voice and only around 260MB of total data I think GrooveIP is really paying off. I know I have posted a few times about this app but I wanted to let everyone see how this app works in real world situations.



No comments:

Post a Comment